Learning Support Assistant
Term time only, hours 8.45 – 3.30 (27.5)
Grade 4 scp 13-20.(Ft salary £20,952, Pro-rata salary £13,776)
Goodrich Community Primary School
We are seeking ambitious caring, dedicated Learning Support Assistants to join our ‘High standards for all’ school. This is a fantastic opportunity to work either 1:1 or with groups of children within a well-established, successful, friendly team who are dedicated to providing safe and stimulating high quality learning. You will work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and contributing to the preparation of resources. A good standard of Numeracy and Literacy skills are essential. We welcome applications from candidates who are interested in a future career in teaching.
We can offer:
· A full time term time only position
· A vibrant, ethnically and culturally diverse school community
· The challenge to maintain high standards
· Good opportunities for professional development
· A stable, professional staff with a range of experience and skills
· Supportive colleagues, who work collaboratively for the benefit of children’s learning
· A friendly and supportive team
Applicants will need to have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- Qualified to Level 2 for Teaching Assistants (or equivalent)
- Have a practical approach to children's learning with strong ability to be creative and to use your initiative.
- Be able to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the curriculum.
- Very good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
Goodrich Community Primary School is a vibrant and successful school. Standards and pupil achievement are high across many areas of provision, as reflected in the judgements gained. The establishment of a shared vision and team effort have brought these successes but we are not complacent. Our determined drive to become outstanding ensures that there is plenty of challenge ahead for us! As a school that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a high awareness of these areas and undergo an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory completion of the Staff Disqualification Declaration form before appointment. References will be taken up before the interview takes place.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th September 2018
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 10th September 2018
Download application pack click here or the individual links below: